Installing Multiple Versions of Octave

From: Victor Arambula
Subject: Installing Multiple Versions of Octave
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 04:59:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Can I have two versions of Octave installed at the same time (e.g., 3.6.4 and 3.6.1)?  Or do I have to uninstall one version before installing another?

I installed version 3.6.4, and then installed GUI Octave, but found that GUI Octave requires version 3.6.1.  Now I can't uninstall GUI Octave.  My guess is that I first need to install version 3.6.1 before I can uninstall GUI Octave.  I'd rather be able to install 3.6.1, then uninstall GUI Octave and version 3.6.1, without uninstalling version 3.6.4 of Octave.

By the way, can you recommend a GUI front end for Octave?  I found that WOctave, version 1.3.2 (the latest) doesn't work with Octave version 3.6.4.  I'm not sure why, but the readme file said that WOctave was tested with version 3.6.2.  Maybe something broke in WOctave when running with Octave version 3.6.4.

Thanks,
Victor Arambula