Re: grayscale image processing

From: Martin Weiser
Subject: Re: grayscale image processing
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:09:34 +0100

fulviosaccoccia píše v Po 23. 12. 2013 v 01:40 -0800:
> Dear Octave users,
> this is my first post.
> I would like to extract a 3xN matrix from grayscale image files (tiff, img,
> cbf format). These images contain a series of "2D peaks". Each of these
> peaks are ultimately a cluster of high intensity grayscale pixel I  already
> know to follow a Normal distribution, over a background of low intensity
> pixel. Then, I would like to obtain a three columns matrix where the first
> two columns report the coordinates in pixels, while the third one report the
> intensity of gray. Later, my purpose will be to analize the distribution of
> the maximum of the intensity of gray. Ultimately, I would to reconstruct a
> series of Gaussian by the data extracted from the images.
> The final goal will be to ascertain if a "peak" in the original image
> contain the contribution of a minor "satellite peak".
> I have used
>
> I=imread("file.tiff") in order to otain the I matrix but I do not know how
> to deal with it to finally obtain the 3xN matrix.
>
> Hoping I have been clear,
> thank you to all
> Fulvio

Dear Fulvio,

it would be better if you could post some sample image.
Does the "immaximas" function from the "image" package does what you
want?
http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/function/immaximas.html
This assumes you have "image" package loaded:
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Installing-and-Removing-Packages.html

I hope this helps.
Martin