Re: grayscale image processing

From: fulviosaccoccia
Subject: Re: grayscale image processing
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 02:44:25 -0800 (PST)

Dear Macy,
thanks for reply.
I have been able to load the image in the following manner:

I=imread("im.img");

but it that gave me the following advertisement

warning: your version of ImageMagick limits images to 16 bits per pixel
warning: Magick++ warning: octave-3.6.3: Unknown field with tag 34710
(0x8796) encountered. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/820

anyway, I go ahead with:
imshow(im) but it results in a completely black image displayed within the
figure window.

Now, I was wondering if my problem was correctly placed and hence please
follow me in this statements:
- I have a 2D picture in grayscale background (see my previous post with
attached images);
- occasionally, some spots of more intense gray appear;
- my aim is to load the image into Octave and analyse it in order to
reconstruct a 3D profile of at least a unique of these peaks (again, see my

At this time, I am unable to visualize the original image with /imshow/.
I think a right procedure in order to obtain a 3D matrix is to have for a
given value of the gray (the third dimension) the coordinates of the pixel x
and y (that would be my reference on axes).
Is it right for you?