Re: OsX Mavericks GSL install error

From: seub4604
Subject: Re: OsX Mavericks GSL install error
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:50:35 -0800 (PST)

--
Marius Schamschula

Everything you had me do worked up until:

>>pkg install -forge gsl1.0.8.tar.gz

I got this error message:

>> pkg install -forge gsl-1.0.8.tar.gz
>>error: element number 1 undefined in return list
>>error: called from:
>>error:
/usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/private/get_forge_pkg.m at
line 40, column 14
>>error:
/usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/private/get_forge_download.m
at line 26, >>column 12
>>error:   /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/pkg.m at line
385, column 29

which I assumed was because the gsl version I was trying to install was
1.16, however, I received the same error message when I tried:

>>pkg install -forge gsl-1.16.tar.gz

I then realized I was in the incorrect directory, so I moved over to the
directory where the gsl-1.16 directory was located, however I got the same
error message.  Any ideas?