Re: Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

From: mpender
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:21:46 -0800 (PST)

I believe the two commands executed properly.  When I try mkoctfile from
the command line I get the message:
The program 'mkoctfile' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install octave3.2-headers

However, I don't want to create problems by installing part of the
octave3.2 package in combination with 3.8.  I think I created a conflict
before when I had 3.2 installed and installed 3.8 afterward.  The version
of octave that my oct files would be compiled against depended on whether I
called mkoctfile from the command line (version 3.2) or within octave3.8
(version 3.8) leading to some difficult to trace error messages.

I decided to start over with a clean installation, so there is no prior
version of octave on this system, only the new installation of 3.8.

- Mike