Re: Bug with numel() and sparsity?

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Bug with numel() and sparsity?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 23:40:58 +0100

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM, fork <address@hidden> wrote:
I am currently playing around with sedumi (thanks Michael!), and I ran into
this error with very big sparse matrices:

debug> OCTAVE_VERSION
ans = 3.8.1-rc3
debug> size(x)
ans =

   400002   200020

debug> nnz(x)
ans =  600000
debug> numel(x)
error: out of memory or dimension too large for Octave's index type

Is this a bug in numel()?  Or should numel() never be used with large sparse
matrices (and thus a bug in sedumi)?