Re: Easy project for GSoC students

From: Eduardo
Subject: Re: Easy project for GSoC students
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 13:42:16 +0100

Hi Pablo,

Should the the parameters be checked to be as they are in the m-file inside the mechanics module? I mean, N should be a scalar, and r and c may be vectors of the same size containing scalars or just scalars. Is that correct?

Edu

Dear GSoC applicants,

Please use the mailing list to ask questions, you gain nothing by
writing a particular person. Indeed you loose the chance to get other
developers to answer your questions.

Many of you have asked for easy projects. The bug tracker is a source
of  possible projects. Here there is another one (I added it to the
tracker)

=== extend sub2ind and ind2sub ===
We are extending sub2ind and ind2sub to work with triangular matrices.
Currently private functions of the mechanics package.
A string argument triggers the behavior. The string argument can be
"triu" or "tril". After this str argument we accept an extra scalar
value indicating that the triangular matrix is off diagonal (as in
tril and triu).
So, the first modification to the C++ code will be
# Check if any of the argument is a str.
# Check what kind of triangular matrix (up or low).
# If the argument after the str argument is a scalar, it indicates off
diagonal triangular matrix (we do not have algo for that yet, though).