Re: How to plot two graphs with a textfile with a textdocument with two

From: Macy
Subject: Re: How to plot two graphs with a textfile with a textdocument with two x two columns?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 07:55:35 -0700

Not sure I understood your 'total' problem.

If it's not too difficult to remove that pesky text header, or better yet,
change the source to write the files' headers to make them octave compatible.

If stuck with useless header, take the first file, open it with a text editor,
remove everything but the data, then save as A.txt and the other as B.txt
then
>> load -force A.txt;load -force B.txt;
>> tA=A(:,1)': A=A(:,2)';
>> tB=B(:,1)'; B=B(:,2)';
then plot appropriately

I use:
>> plot(tA, A);
>> hold on; plot(tB, B); hold off;
that way you overlay them

but tA is always tB then throw away and just use t.

for interesting effect you can also
>> plot(log10(t/tref), 20*log10(A) );
where tref 'marks' itself at 0 on your plot.