Re: New to Octave. Want to use it with visual studio

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: New to Octave. Want to use it with visual studio
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:20:15 +0100

On 16/03/2014 13:58, Shashi Bushan Dongur wrote:
Sergei,
Thank you for your reply. I goal is to use octave in one of my machine
learning project. I need to use octave's linear algebra and statistics
formulas to achieve some of the problems in machine learning.

Thank you,
Shashi
Sincerely,

Sashi,
as Sergei highlighted, you don't need Visual Studio
to use octave built with Visual Studio

Please read information on :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.4%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/

at point 2:
"Note that octave-forge packages are not installed by default. During the component selection, expand the section named "Octave Forge" and select the packages you want to install. Installed packages are not auto-loaded by default, you still need to load the packages in order to use them"

The forge package you are looking for are available in the installer:
  linear-algebra-2.2.0
  statistics-1.2.0

Regard
Marco