Re: Transcendental equation

From: Fausto Arinos Barbuto
Subject: Re: Transcendental equation
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 15:45:25 -0300

On 05/10/2014 07:20 AM, guido.bonalumi wrote:
It is just an assignment... the purpose is to compare the lumped capacitance
method with the distributed one and the case involve the quenching of a
cylinder in oil.
If you want I can give you the full code, there is no problem for me.
Anyway /Alpha/ is not an array but a constant (Alpha=k/(rho*c)) under the
assumption of constant properties.

Sorry, I misunderstood your code.  The "Alpha.*t" syntax deceived me, yet Alpha
might
quite well be a vector of thermal diffusivities, too.

The picture you placed here:

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663954/cylinder.png>

is not easy to read (bad quality), in special the subscripts.

Showing the whole code is a nice idea.  Someone might like to play with it a
bit.

F.