Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:49:50 +0200

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
In the following of my previous mail I have already found the FEM-FEniCS document from Google Summer of Code 2013 and the missing page at http://wiki.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Fem-fenics&oldid=4364.
However, when trying to test the Poisson example I get:
octave:2> import_ufl_Problem ('Poisson')
make: *** No rule to make target `Poisson.ufl', needed by `Poisson.h'.  Stop.
-1.9161

error: Compilation failed

Can you give me an hint to solve this problem.

Hi,

please keep the Octave Help list in copy of your mail so that more people can help you and it remains as a guidance also for other users.
Regarding the problem you have, are you trying to run the femfenics_exmples or you have taken the Poisson.ufl and Poisson.m file from somewhere on the web?
It seems like you don't have the file Poisson.ufl in the current directory. Be sure that you are in the right place.

HTH

Marco

Thanks a lot
Paulo

<quote author='Marco Vassallo'>
On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 4:46 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday, February 23, 2014 01:53 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> a new release of the fem-fenics package is out, version 0.0.1, by
>> Marco Vassallo. Enjoy Octave responsibly.
>>
>> Carnë
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks!
>
> When doing
>
> pkg install fem-fenics -forge
>
> I got these errors.
>
> checking dolfin.h usability... no
> checking dolfin.h presence... no
> checking for dolfin.h... no
>
> My fenics is self-compiled and installed under /usr/local and hence
> dolfin.h is in /usr/local/include. So it seems pkg is not looking into
> /usr/local for the headers. Can something like -I/usr/local/include be
> passed to it?

Hi,

it could be that Eigen or mpi, which are necessary for dolfin, are not
installed in a "normal" directory.

Please read the discusion here [1].

The solutions seems to be to set the CPPFLAGS as follow

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/eigen3 $(mpicxx -showme:compile)"

Marco

[1]
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/FORGE-Fem-fenics-installation-fails-td4661997.html