Re: Using mldivide function of Octave in C++?

From: Jeremy Yan
Subject: Re: Using mldivide function of Octave in C++?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:47:22 -0400

Dear c.,

Thank you! Maybe I should be more specific and clear. Yes, I read the sample code you sent me and I can run it successfully.

But, my real question is about what is the right way to use Fmldivide?  I want to solve Ax=b. But the instruction of Fmldivide is not so clear about what arguments one should put in. I tried the simple attached code by following most of your sample code. However, it doesn't work. If you can have a look at it, I will be very grateful.

Thanks for your patience and kind help!

Bests,
Jeremy

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 3 Jun 2014, at 18:49, Jeremy Yan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear c.
>
> Thanks for your reply! I really want to use bottom posting to make the discussion convenient. But I am sorry I don't know how to set it.
We are using our time to answer your question, in order to show your appreciation for our effort
the least you can do is try to learn.

> I think my question really is how to use the Fmldivide function. I don't know what are the right arguments in octave_value_list Fmldivide (const octave_value_list & =octave_value_list(), int =0) for solving a simple Ax=b equation. I apologize for my repetitive questions.
This question has already been answered.

Twice.

Both I and Pantxo, provided working code examples that accomplish what you want
in slightly different ways.

If there is any specific part of those examples you did not
understand, please point out which part it is by quoting
the lines of code you don't understand and explaining what
exactly it is that troubles you about them.

> I just hope to be clear  and understand better of Octave. Thank you so much!

You are welcome.

> Best regards,
> Jeremy
c.