class::static_type question

From: gumlym
Subject: class::static_type question
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Im trying the example make_int.cc that is included in the sources and
Ive got a couple of questions. How do the functions
octave_integer::register_type (); and static_type_id() work? The thing is,
the example doesnt work. Or at least I cant make it work. After compiling
with mkoctfile, first I use make_int to create a variable. In the stdout it
prints that it has installed the type in the number 57. Then I try to use
the function doit. In that function, the following code is used:

if (args(0).type_id () == octave_integer::static_type_id ())
{
}
else
      gripe_wrong_type_arg ("doit", args(0));

The things is that it keeps giving argument error. args(0).type_id () is
indeed 57, but octave_integer::static_type_id() returns -1, so it never
enters the if clause. Does anyone know why this is happening? How do you
properly initialize a custom class?
Thank you very much!!