Re: What happen when you substract two rows?

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: What happen when you substract two rows?
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:30:14 +0200

Am 05.07.2014 20:16, schrieb burita:
> I'm a java JEE develloper and I'm having quite some trouble understanding
> this piece of code :

dkeck pointed me to the stackoverflow post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24589428/what-happens-when-you-substract-two-rows-in-octave

Cross-posting on multiple forums/mailinglists without indicating so can
result in wasting other members time. How? If your question was answered
in one location, those elsewhere have no way of knowing this to be the
case, and can spend their valuable time trying to answer a question
which has already been answered. A good way to irk those who are trying
to help, and a good way of hurting your chances of receiving help again.

Without knowing of other postings, the same questions, issues, etc… may
be raised again and again on each forum. Important information in one
forum may be neglected in others. All told, this chaos can end up
wasting the time of those wishing to help and be confusing for you to
top it off. If links to other posts are indicated and everyone is up to
date - knowing the status of the question - you may actually receive an
answer faster.

TL;DR:
cross posting multiplies the amount of information (useful or not)
others must wade through to search for a solution.

Those spending their free time, unpaid, trying to help can find it rude
if one neglects any of the above. They have reason to do so, and have a
valid reason to ignore your question and quickly move on to another
should they suspect they may end up wasting their time.

(taken from
http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/cafe/6776-problems-cross-posting.html)

-- Andy