Re: How do I print and save tables?

From: Ron . Simonson
Subject: Re: How do I print and save tables?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:30:35 -0700

On 09/12/2014 01:20 PM, Ed Song wrote:
Hello,

I've now learned how to print and save plots in gnu octave. However,
instead of a plot, I'd like to present my data and output in a table.
How do I print and save my output in table form? If this is a stupid
question you don't wish to answer, then at least tell me what page of
the manual such instructions are on.

Ed Song

Is latex or pdflatex an option for you?

You could use formatted IO to write the data out to a latex file.
To avoid the messy loops within octave it may be simpler to write
the data out in text form, then write a simple awk, perl, ... script
to format the file in proper latex form.

There are undoubtedly better ways of doing this but this is how
I would handle the problem.  I write most of my reports with latex
anyway.

Best of luck.  Ron.