update on availability of gui widgets within Octave script?

From: rmales
Subject: update on availability of gui widgets within Octave script?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have been looking over the list and documentation to see about the
availability of UI widgets from within a script, for example to develop a
form for user entry of data.   I see that there is an open/save dialog,
progress bar, but not sure about others.   Other than that, it seems to be
of interest but not implemented as yet.

I would much appreciate it if the list could provide me with some ideas as
to what the current best available approach for developing scripts with
better UI capability is.

My environment is Win 8.1, using the experimental Win 8 Octave 3.8 GUI
(which runs quite successfully).

Thanks in advance.

Dick Males
Cincinnati, OH USA