Re: Plot looking bad

From: Huub
Subject: Re: Plot looking bad
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:34:25 +0100

Hi Andy,
On 10.12.2014 14:04, Huub wrote:
Using Fedora 21 and Octave 3.8.2 on a pc with nVidia video NV34 chipset,
I want to do a simple plot:
x = linspace(0, pi);
plot(sin(2*x));
Instead of a sine plot, I get the result in the attachment. I got a
similar result using Fedora 20 with same Octave version. Does this mean
that Octave (or plot) doesn't support this video chipset anymore ?
The default graphics_toolkit is FLTK which uses OpenGL to draw plots.

Is your OpenGL setup okay? Does "glxinfo | grep direct" show "direct
rendering: Yes".
Yes, it does.
Can you run "glxgears" without problems?
Yes, I can.
What version is your libfltk?
find /usr -name libfltk*
/usr/lib/libfltk_gl.so.1.3
/usr/lib/libfltk_images.so.1.3
/usr/lib/libfltk.so.1.3
/usr/lib/libfltk_forms.so.1.3

What happens if you move the window out of the screen
and back again?
Stays the same, but as replied earlier: changing to gnuplot works.