Re: Image display with pixel indices and values?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Image display with pixel indices and values?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:58:12 +0000

On 31 December 2014 at 01:04, Alasdair McAndrew <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I read in an image and display it with "imshow", then the window frame
> includes indices which are updated in real time, for example: "[118.2,
> 151.9]"  There are two problems here: (a) the indices are not integers
> (which they should be: giving the indices of the pixel in the image
> matrix), and (b) the pixel intensity is not displayed.
>
> Is there some way of obtaining a display like "[118,151] = 198" (for
> grayscale images), or "[118, 151] = (127,35,210)" for RGB images?
>
> Note that "axis" doesn't seem to help: the command "imshow(im),axis image"
> still gives fractional values in the frame.  Autoscale makes no difference,
> either.

This is a missing function of the image package.  The function name is
impixelinfo [1] but I don't know enough about figures and GUIs in
Octave to implement it.  Would be great if you manage to implement it
(or something close) and submit it to the patch tracker [2].  Looks
easy to implement for someone that has experience with figures.

Carnë

[1] http://uk.mathworks.com/help/images/ref/impixelinfo.html
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=octave