Re: Fill + RGB colors produces only black plot

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Fill + RGB colors produces only black plot
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 06:11:21 -0800 (PST)

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Paul <

> m.paolo86@

> > wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone, I'm quite new to Octave.
>>
>> I'm trying to use the fill function on Octave 3.8.2-4 with different RGB
>> color combinations.
>> Unfortunately what I get is typically black areas.
>>
>> For example, using the demonstration on octave.sourceforge.net and
>> changing
>> the colors, I get a black polygon on the left and a transparent one on
>> the
>> right:
>>
>> t1 = (1/16:1/8:1) * 2*pi;
>> t2 = ((1/16:1/8:1) + 1/32) * 2*pi;
>> x1 = sin (t1) - 0.8;
>> y1 = cos (t1);
>> x2 = sin (t2) + 0.8;
>> y2 = cos (t2);
>> h = fill (x1,y1,[0.5 1 0], x2,y2,[0.5 0 0.5]);
>>
>> Do you have any ideas about this problem?
>>

> ​This appears to be a bug in fill.m
> You can replace it with the more recent version (from development branch,
> attached) and see if that helps.​
>

> ​Dmitri.

> fill.m (8K)
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667975/0/fill.m>

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried with the new version of fill.m and I got this error:

error: '__patch__' undefined near line 116 column 22
error: called from:
error:   [...] at line 116, column 20
error:   [...] at line 18, column 3

Then I removed the underscore characters and it went better, because at
least one of the two polygons appeared, but I got another error:

error: element number 2 undefined in return list
error: called from:
error:   [...] at line 116, column 20
error:   [...] at line 18, column 3

...and at this point I have no idea what to do.