Re: Cannot print plots that have ylabel in Linux Mint - UPDATE

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Cannot print plots that have ylabel in Linux Mint - UPDATE
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 12:23:13 -0400

On Sun, Mar 08, 2015 at 08:34:16 -0700, Gsparky wrote:
> I'm making a guess that the problem resides with Ghostscript. I ran
> the "print" command again, opened a terminal, and ran "top". It showed
> "gs" as using 100% (or very close to 100%) of CPU, but only 1.3% of
> memory. Here are the top few lines from "top":

There have definitely been bugs with ghostscript erroring or consuming
lots of cpu when run from Octave. You can see whether any of the
following bugs that I've encountered apply to your system:

If not one of those, it might be a new bug. Try printing a simpler plot
or try printing to a .eps or .svg file instead of .png to avoid shelling
out to ghostscript.

--
mike