Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 09:34:09 -0500

On Apr 2, 2015, at 7:40 AM, rdzman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone as been able to make any progress on this? Has
> anyone gotten 4.0.0rc2 to build on any version of OS X? On Yosemite?
>
> I currently have 3.8.0 installed via MacPorts and would love to give 4.0 a
> try.

Until we find someone who can clean up the C++ code to appease clang (any
recent version), there will not be a usable version of octave 4.0.0 on the Mac.
Unfortunately, I don’t speak C++.

I have built 4.0.0-rc1, 4.0.0-rc2 and current using gcc 4.9. This builds
cleanly, however, links against the wrong libc++ (lisbstdc++ vs. libc++), and
thus creates an unstable/unusable app.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula