Re: generate graphics with the command line option --no- window-system

From: Christopher Paredes
Subject: Re: generate graphics with the command line option --no- window-system
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:21:10 -0400

Hello, it is not working. Try placing " graphics_toolkit gnuplot " before the figure command does not work and generates a blank file .

I am testing with :

octave --no- window-system test.m
and
octave test.m from tty

and in both cases it creates a blank document .

my gnuplot:
G N U P L O T
Version 4.6 patchlevel 4    last modified 2013-10-02
Build System: Linux x86_64

Regards

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 00:32:33 -0400, Christopher Paredes wrote:
> Hi all I 'm trying to generate a graphic in an environment that does not
> have X11. I have to generate a lot of graphics and include results of
> calculations ( octave ) in them.
>
> I 'm doing tests with the following script:
>
> *<test.m>*
> *f = figure*
> *graphics_toolkit gnuplot*
> *set(f, "visible", "off")*
> *plot([1,2,3,4])*
> *print("MyPNsG.eps", "-deps")*
>
> *octave --no- window-system test.m*
>
> But the graph is generated blank .
>
> What I can do?
>
> I use octave 4.0.0

It works for me. Have you tried executing "graphics_toolkit gnuplot"
before creating the figure? What version of gnuplot do you have?

--
mike

--
Christopher Paredes