Re: Update to Octave 4.0 for Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Update to Octave 4.0 for Windows
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 10:05:47 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Nicholas Jankowski
>To: ijourneaux
>Cc: address@hidden
>Date: 2015/8/6, Thu 02:27
>Subject: Re: Update to Octave 4.0 for Windows
>

>On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM, ijourneaux <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>I was wondering if there was a procedure to building updated versions of
>>Octave 4.0 for Windows? There is a bug fix that Carne implemented wrt
>>writing BMP files a couple of weeks ago. The fix required changes to the
>>Image package and to Octave itself. I think the latest version on the
>>website is from May.
>>
>>I can probably get myself setup to build it but didn't want to replicate the
>>effort if there was a system in place to rebuild Octave for Windows
>>periodically.
>>Ian
>>

>last I checked there is not a completely Windows-oriented rebuild process.
>Unless I'm mistaken, most of the available instructions involve
>cross-compiling on Linux for Windows. If fix's just result in modified
>m-files, they can just be dropped into the proper place in the Octave folder
>tree. Other wise, if it a patch that needs to be worked into other files,
>those of us not running linux usually just wait for the generous souls out
>there to push a new windows version forward. :D
>

>If you want to either figure out a Windows-only compilation route, or have a
>linux platform available to do regular cross compiling, I'm sure no one would
>complain if the Windows tree included separate stable and periodically updated
>development versions. :)
>

>nickj

Some bug fixes post 4.0.0 release have been done in the repository.
However release of source code bug fixes perhaps will be done in next octave
release or later.

As Nicholas wrote the fix is only related to m files, it is easy to fix by
yourself.
However, the fix is related to other format files, you have to build octave by
yourself
using cross compile on linux.

The similar attempt was done and you can see it:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/building-mxe-octave-download-of-package-src-msys-bash-fails-td4671828.html

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-building-mxe-octave-download-of-package-src-msys-bash-td4671833.html

Tatsuro