Re: Using sftrans as matlab's lp2lp

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Using sftrans as matlab's lp2lp
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:22:50 -0500

On Nov 12, 2015 8:46 PM, "texidor" <daniel.texidor@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to contribute to octave.
> Next month I will be able to do it, or at least try.

> address@hiddennabble.com>:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 5:45 AM, texidor <[hidden email]
> > <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4673464&i=0>> wrote:
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > > Can someone say why there is no lp2lp2 function calling sftrans? Does
> > not
> > > seem like a hard work and would help matlab compatibility.
> > > Just suggesting because I did it now to help myself.
> > >
> > > Thanks again. Problem solved.
> > >

> > My guess for a reason is there are too many tasks and not enough hands
> >
> > My copy of octave 4.0.0 tells me:

> > warning: the 'lp2lp' function belongs to the signal package from
> > Octave Forge but has not yet been implemented.
> > Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
> > contribute missing functionality.
> >
> > So, unless there's one in the works for a future release, it sounds
> > like the signal package maintainer may appreciate the implementation
> > you say you just did for yourself if you'd be willing to contribute
> > it.
> >
> > Nick J.

For the time being would you be willing to take a couple minutes and quick create a feature request or missing function report on the bug tracker and upload your function as a starting point for inclusion in an upcoming version? Should only take a minute or two. Then if you can get back to it later, all the better, but if not maybe someone else would be able to pick it up to get it in the right form for inclusion.

http://bugs.octave.org