Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released

From: Constantine Frangos
Subject: Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 15:35:56 +0200 (SAST)

>All current and previous packages are archived here:

>https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/

>Installing packages is covered in the manual:

>https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Installing-and-Removing-Packages.html
>--
>mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the detailed instructions - much appreciated.

I have downloaded symbolic-2.1.0.tar.gz, and managed to install it ok.
I have also tested a few commands and these seem to work fine.

However, I am now curious to install and run symbolic-2.2.3.tar.gz.

I was wondering how risky it would be to follow your original
suggestion of using pip, virtualenv, etc in order to install
SymPy 0.75 in my Ubuntu Linux 14.04 ?

If you think that it does not pose any risks to the existing
installation then, time permitting, please send me some instructions
on how to proceed - thanks.

Constantine.