Re: Vim in Gui?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Vim in Gui?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:51:14 -0800

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 17:13:12 -0500, Karl wrote:
> Is there any way to enable vim-style editing in the octave gui?

Depends, do you mean in the command window or in the editor?

The command window uses standard readline, so yes you can set
editing-mode to vi in the normal manner if you like.

The editor is based on qscintilla, I don't think it supports a vi-like
mode. I am not sure why one would use the GUI editor if one prefers Vim,
just use Vim (which I do).

--
mike