Re: Library not found with mkoctfile C++

From: Vision
Subject: Re: Library not found with mkoctfile C++
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 15:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for answering, this doesnt seems to be the problem.

I tested some compiling options and it seems to be that this command line
suffice:
g++.exe -o client.exe main.cpp snap7.cpp snap7.lib

I have 2 test samples environments (32bit&64bit) with each their libraries
(.lib and .dll) which I can both compile with previous command line. But I'm
working on a 64bit Windows, I don't know if Octave also can compile both..

When I check gcc folder in Octave I see i686-w64-mingw32 as subfolder. I
don't know I can use this one, compared with the 64bit gcc for example it
uses x86_64-w64-mingw32.

The errors I got in Octave with following command:  mkoctfile main.cpp
snap7.cpp snap7.lib

32bit: error: snap7.lib Symbols not found, wrong format.
64bit: undefined reference (so no link to snap7.lib).

My CPP code don't include octave.h or something atm (I think it's not
needed?)

Maybe this information will help.