Re: uicontrol fails to callback

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: uicontrol fails to callback
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:42:44 -0400

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Octave User <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Sir

I run a robotic simulation code to octave and encounter some callback issue.
I hope experts on this forum can help me to go through it.

it seems this is the link you meant to paste.
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25855-plot-and-animate-robot/content/roboticsc.m

it doesn't require any account to view, so no further need to put the code in the email. But, as you saw the issue appears not to be with roboticsc, but with issues executing uicontrol. However the error you gave regarding @setmap is odd because roboticsc does not use a function @setmap for a callback, but some of the uicontrol examples on the mathworks page do.

Could you please post what specific error message you get from roboticsc, if it isn't this one?  and then which examples on the uicontrol page give errors, and what those errors are? Specific error messages can often be very meaningful, and otherwise the people helping here would have to waste time trying to find the real problem.

Note that I got the @setback error running one of the mathworks examples, but that's just because I never defined a function @setback, so Octave threw an error as it should.

Nick J.