Re: Build Octove 4.0.1 Under Ubuntu 14.04.4?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Build Octove 4.0.1 Under Ubuntu 14.04.4?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:39:06 -0700

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:19:25 -0700, JIA Pei wrote:
> Some progress has been made, but still, bugging:
>

>   Build Octave GUI:                   no
>   JIT compiler for loops:             no
>   Build Java interface:               yes
>   Do internal array bounds checking:  no
>   Build static libraries:             no
>   Build shared libraries:             yes
>   Dynamic Linking:                    yes (dlopen)
>   Include support for GNU readline:   yes
>   64-bit array dims and indexing:     no
>   OpenMP SMP multithreading:          yes
>   Build cross tools:                  no
>
> configure: WARNING: HDF5 library not found.  Octave will not be able to save
> or load HDF5 data files.
> configure: WARNING: QAbstractItemModel::beginResetModel() not found --
> disabling GUI

If you're on Ubuntu 14.04, your system should have Qt 4.8 available.
This warning message seems to suggest that you have a much older version
of Qt. The file config.log will give you more details about why the test
for QAbstractItemModel::beginResetModel() failed.

If you don't know how to read config.log, you can host it somewhere
online and send us a link or send a compressed copy of it to me and I
will try to see what the error is.

But on a typical Ubuntu 14.04 system this should not be a problem if you
have the correct libqt4-dev package installed.

--
mike