How to install octave-communications in Centos 7?

From: Ariel Arelovich
Subject: How to install octave-communications in Centos 7?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:05:09 -0300

Hello:

Where I'm working a couple of users need access to the modmap function that is in the octave-communications package. Unfortunately, that packages is not listed from the repository (epel-7). I have tried downloading a fedora rpm and installing it, but it did not work as the function was still missing (so were all other package functions).

Does anyone know if it is possible (and how) to install this package on Centos7?

Thanks for any help.

Regards.