Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions

From: Jeffrey Tsang
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 04:13:42 +0000 (UTC)

Here's a simple script that crashes Octave GUI all the time.

clear; close all; clc

x = [1; 2; 3; 4];
y = x;

plot(x, y, 'rx', 'MarkerSize', 10);
fprintf('Program paused. Press enter to continue.\n');
pause;

The steps to reproduce is:

  1. cd the to directory that contains the script.
  2. Run the script.
  3. When you see "Program paused. Press enter to continue", press CTRL-C twice
  4. Now, you should see "Press Control-C again to abort.".
  5. Press CTRL-C again. Then Octave GUI crashes.

However, this simple script does not crash Octave CLI. But my other complex scripts crash both CLI and GUI all the time. In fact, it was the octave-gui.exe that crashes when CTRL-C is pressed inside both CLI and GUI. I hope that gives you some clue where to look for the bug.

Regards,

Jeffrey