Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:59:50 -0700

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 18:35:09 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> I am aware. Less stand alone ignore CTRL+C

I know you know, I was only replying to your message because it was the
last in this long chain.

> It is not a less issue.
> However it seems a potential race issues
>
> I can obtain the same results with sombrero()
> if I hit CTRL+C 3 times before the plot is completed.
>

> octave:1> more off
> octave:2> sombrero()
> Press Control-C again to abort.
> panic: Interrupt -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
> save to 'octave-workspace' complete

Sure, my point is there are multiple issues going on and hoping to keep
these separate rather than get conflated into "Ctrl+C doesn't work!"

The original bug pointed to in this thread, #44470 is about Ctrl+C after
calling the pause() function on Windows.

The feature of not being able to interrupt the pager is separate and
should not be confused as another example of #44470.

The race condition you show with plotting may be a separate issue that
could be looked into, interrupting while the plotting thread is working.

None of which are really "help" topics anymore.

--
mike