Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?

From: steven0416
Subject: Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 18:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

I appreciate the replies, folks.  I kept Octave 4.0.0 when I upgrade to
Win10.  When the GUI failed to open up, I tried uninstalling it, and then
installed Octave 4.0.1 and Octave 4.0.2 anew.  However, the problem
persisted, i.e. the usual Windows error diaolog box opened up, saying
"octave-gui.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to work
correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available."  So it appears there's something wrong in my environment/setup,
since there're many success stories on Win10.