XLSread not working

From: Larkin, Grant, P
Subject: XLSread not working
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:10:07 +0000

Hi, Octave.

I am working on a project for school, and am trying to figure out octave on my mac. I need to import a .xlsx file, but am having difficulty with it. I set octave to the research directory that I am working with, and put this in:

[NUM,TXT,RAW]= xlsread('HadleyOPC1Data.xlsx’)

And it returns, "error: 'getxlsinterfaces' undefined near line 246 column 19
error: called from
    xlsopen at line 246 column 17
    xlsread at line 197 column 11”

We have tried to troubleshoot this, but have had no luck. Could you please offer a suggestion? Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Pierce Larkin