Re: tutorials COM interface in octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: tutorials COM interface in octave
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 21:31:54 +0200

Am 18.07.2016 um 20:02 schrieb Toto Muster:
> Hello everybody,
> does anybody has experience with the COM interface with octave. It
> should be included in the windows package. I am interested in some
> examples or tutorials. Can anybody help?
> I need to cennect to a simulation program. Make an interpolation with
> the data from the program and write it back.

Hi Toto,
have you been able to install the octave forge "windows" package?
There ia an example mat2xls.m in the package:

# Open Excel application
app = actxserver ("Excel.Application");
# Create a new workbook and get the first worksheet
wb = app.Workbooks.Add ();
sh = wb.Worksheets (1);
# Save object in Excel sheet, starting at cell A1
r = sh.Range ("A1");
r = r.Resize (size (obj, 1), size (obj, 2));
r.Value = obj;
delete (r);
# Save workbook
wb.SaveAs (canonicalize_file_name (filename));
# Quit Excel and clean-up
delete (sh);
delete (wb);
app.Quit ();
delete (app);

If you want to connect to your "simulation program" the workflow may be
quite similiar: Create an actxserver an call the methods you want. The
objects should be part of the documentation of the COM interface of your
program.

HTH, Andy