Re: Command windows in GUI of Octave 4.2.0/Ubuntu 16.04LTS does not resp

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Command windows in GUI of Octave 4.2.0/Ubuntu 16.04LTS does not response
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:12:54 -0800

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 10:19:30 +0000, Yu Shen wrote:
> The failure reported was with 64 bit configuration change:
>
> ./configure LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenBLAS/lib
> CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/OpenBLAS/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/OpenBLAS/lib --enable-64
>
> I compiled OpenBLAS with modification:
> compiling OpenBLAS <http://www.openblas.net/> with edits to its
> Makefile.rule so that BINARY=64 INTERFACE64=1.

Did you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenBLAS/lib in the environment when
running `make check` also? Can you see if that makes a difference?

In case you're not sure how to do that, either

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenBLAS/lib
  make check

or

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenBLAS/lib make check

Does the test still fail with a segmentation fault?

> Here is the gist of the config.log file for the above compilation:
> https://gist.github.com/yubrshen/d2faec3ee24707943574560722430dfb

Ok, you haven't quite configured Octave correctly for large arrays. Are
you sure you need the --enable-64 option? If you really want to build
against a 64-bit-indexed OpenBLAS, then you also need to take care of
SuiteSparse, ARPACK, and QRUPDATE, or build Octave without these
libraries at all. Your configuration picked up some of the system
SuiteSparse libraries, that may be causing this error, and will
definitely cause other errors.

>  I also did compilation without 64 bit configuration change, but make check
> also had failure, but I didn't check whether the failure is the same.

If the above doesn't fix anything for you, can you try building (again)
without --enable-64 and without /opt/OpenBLAS? What is the error in this
case?

--
mike