Re: "undefined reference" error message when using mkoctfile to create o

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: "undefined reference" error message when using mkoctfile to create oct file
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:26:36 +0100

Am 17.02.2017 um 19:03 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> On 17/02/2017 18:53, Yan Zhang wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Thank you for the response. I also found out later about what you just
>> said. I'll try convert the dll file to lib file then see how it works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Yan
>
> You can not convert it.
> Together with the dll you should also have the equivalent
> import library.

Borland Builder 6 had a tool "implib" which creates the import library
from a dll. And as far as I can see this tool makes the same:
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/implib.html

And he could use LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress only with the dll.

But, as you said, having the proper import lib would be the easiest.

-- Andy