Re: Why isn't Symbolic included in Octave from the installation? - Windo

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Why isn't Symbolic included in Octave from the installation? - Windows
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:36:21 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Colin Macdonald
> To: Daniel Mårtensson ; Help GNU Octave
> Date: 2017/2/20, Mon 10:21
> Subject: Re: Why isn't Symbolic included in Octave from the installation? -
> Windows

>>>  Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/utf8_heavy.pl
> line 123.
>
> The utf8_heavy.pl thing is known, I think its because the Octave package for
> windows uses an old Perl.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release of
> Octave.

Perl on octave for windows is one shipped with Msys.
Msys system is rather out-dated.

One of the possibility change Msys system from original Msys to Msys2.

http://www.msys2.org/

Msys2 also ships python.

However, change to Msys to Msys2 on mxe-octave is not easy job.

Other option build perl and python on mxe-octave system.
The job on msys2 for perl and python can be referenced.

Tatsuro