Re: Is it possible to drag-n-drop data into Octave workspace?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Is it possible to drag-n-drop data into Octave workspace?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:24:25 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> ans =
>
>    1
>    2
>    3
>    4
>    5
>    6

Interesting. I would have thought without the semicolons it would
treat the linebreak as whitespace and make that a row vector. Don't
have it open in front of me, but is that normal behavior for an input
split over multiple lines without using line continuation marks? If
so, what happens if you try to do the same pasting in a 2-column set
of data?

>From the original question, could the 'paste' function in the gui
somehow catch, recognize and automatically make the array input
happen?

yes

I just tried it. If in your spreadsheet you have a column  of data in
column A and a column of commas in column b and
a column of data in column c

and the in octave do

a=[
and paste the data