Sparse matrices

From: Clinton Winant
Subject: Sparse matrices
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 09:10:23 -0800

I would like to optimize the performance of octave on a machine that has multiple processors.  I have optimized LAPACK and BLAS to use parallel threads, and where LAPACK is used, that helps a lot.  I was initially surprised that the enhanced LAPACK did not speed up the execution of, for instance, u=K\F, if K is sparse, but now I realize that sparse matrix calculations are done with a special set of tools (see http://www.obihiro.ac.jp/~suzukim/masuda/octave/html3/octave_113.html)

Does anyone know if it is possible to tune the sparse matrix package to take advantage of multiple processors?

Clint