Re: Error creating abstract Symfun in Sybolic Package with Pytave

From: NVS Abhilash
Subject: Re: Error creating abstract Symfun in Sybolic Package with Pytave
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 00:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

Colin Macdonald-2 wrote
> Hi yes, I think I have that error too, using octsympy git master and
> Octave recent hg.  Can you help narrow it down?

I tried to debug the code so that I can find where the error is happening.

It seems the error was called in the catch block of *pycall.cc* in Pytave.

I ran
```
syms x
f(x) = sym('f(x)')
```

This is what pycall was called with when the error happened:

In @pyobject/subsref.m at line 58
58:       r = pycall (x, t.subs{:});

where
disp (x) gave
<built-in function isinstance>

t.subs contained
subs =
    {
      [1,1] =

      [1,2] =

    }
Where [1, 1] was pyobject 'f(x)'
and [1, 2] was (<class 'sympy.core.basic.Basic'>, <class
'sympy.matrices.matrices.MatrixBase'>)

I am now trying to debug the Pytave .cc files maybe we can narrow it further
then.

Thanks,
NVS

-----