Re: Hash function doesn't work

From: evansste
Subject: Re: Hash function doesn't work
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Tom, for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work
either.

I typed "pkg load io", and received no error messages or anything, and the
same thing for "which hash".  Octave simply returned a prompt with no
problem, after each command.  However, after that, when I type
"hash('md5','abc')", it still says "error: 'hash' undefined near line 1
column 1".

I've been searching online in order to see if this hash function is actually
included in a different package, not the io package.  However, I haven't
been able to find anything that's definitive.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions from everyone.  I look forward to
hearing any more ideas.