Re: Build problems with Octave 4.2.1

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Build problems with Octave 4.2.1
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:53:13 -0700

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 21:05:47 +0300, Adrian Victor Crisciu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to build Octave 4.2.1 from sources and got the errors listed in the
> attached file. I tried with both gcc-5.3.0 and gcc-6.3.0 on my Slackware
> platform with a 2.6.33.4 linux kernel and glibc 2.11.1.
>
> Any idea on what is happening and how can I build Octave 4.2.1 on my
> machine?

It looks to me like you have successfully compiled Octave with a newer
version of gcc as you mention above, but you are linking against a
libstdc++ from an older version of gcc, probably whichever is the
default gcc for your distribution.

You probably need to set your LDFLAGS and possibly LD_LIBRARY_PATH
appropriately to find the shared library. I am guessing from the log
file that you might look in /opt/gcc-5.3.0/lib64.

--
mike