Re: Histc under octave

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Histc under octave
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:35:30 -0700

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 05:42:42 -0700, lucas21 wrote:
> I recently start (since this morning) to work with Octave. I use to operate
> with Matlab.
> Anyway, I try to use my matlab code under Octave, there was a few
> modifications to make, which I did, but I cant figure out the last one.
> Here is the message that I have when I try to execute my code:
>

> parse error near line 49 of file
> C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.1\share\octave\4.2.1\m\statistics\base\histc.m
>
>   syntax error

>        ^

If I modify histc.m to look like what you have here:

> Here is the histc file:
>
> function N = histc (X, EDGES)
> N = histc (X, EDGES, DIM)
> [N, IDX] = histc (...)

then I get the same error.

Why did you change the contents of histc.m? You should probably restore
the original function file or reinstall Octave if you have to.

If you are just learning how to use Octave, it's best not to edit and
make changes to function files provided with the software.

--
mike