Re: Windows PKG Error - 'gfortran' is not recognized as an internal or e

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Windows PKG Error - 'gfortran' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 15:49:27 -0400

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Calvin Corey <address@hidden> wrote:

> ________________________________

(Sorry, new phone I keep neglecting to keep the help list in the
conversation. CC'd now)

Both 4.2.1 install methods, whether you used the zip package or the
.exe installer, include a set of pre-installed packages including
control and signal.  Note that if you used the .zip package installer,
you need to run:

>> pkg rebuild

once for Octave to see and be able to use the packages.  to be sure
you can go to:

%OctaveRootFolder%\octave-4.2.1\share\octave\packages
and see if there are package folders listed there.

otherwise you should be able to type

>> pkg list

and see what packages Octave recognizes as being installed in your system, and

>> pkg load control

>> pkg load system

should load each of the respective packages for you to use.

http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

If none of this works, there really is something amiss with your Octave install.