Hi, I need to install a newer version than the repository octave (which is 3.8.2).
I'm currently trying to install version 4.2.1 as it seems to be the newest.
Here are all the steps that I did:
1) yum update
2) yum-builddep -y octave
3) yum -y install qt-devel mercurial gcc-c++ lapack-devel libtool
4) yum -y install epstool transfig pstoedit qscintilla-devel
(NOTE: First problem was right here as there is NO pstoedit in Centos 7, as far as I know)
5) sudo yum install bzip2-devel atlas-devel libsndfile-devel portaudio-devel GraphicsMagick-c++-devel
6) ln -s /usr/lib64/atlas/libtatlas.so /usr/lib64/libatlas.so (One of the tutorials recommended doing this to fix a place where a library was being searched for or something like that. It seemed harmless enough)
8) tar-xvf octave-4.2.1.tar.lz
9) cd octave-4.2.1
10) export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk
11) ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/octave/versions/4.2.1
12) make -j4
It failed with this error:
In file included from libgui/src/settings-dialog.cc:31:0:
libgui/src/ui-settings-dialog.h:13:29: fatal error: QtWidgets/QAction: No such file or directory
This seems to be a Qt version problem but I don't know how to fix it.
Can any one give me a hand, here?
Thanks in advance.