Re: Odepkg

From: Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
Subject: Re: Odepkg
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 01:31:44 +0000

I think a working odepkg is important for teaching purposes, because
ode45 is the main ode solver used with Matlab.  If I teach a class that
requires Matlab, it is important that software I create for the class
works both in Matlab and Octave.  The Engineering School have a site
license for Matlab, and that is what they are used to using.  But I
would like for the other students in the class to be able to use Octave
if they don't want to pay $50 for the student version of Matlab.

Stephen