Re: textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:24:19 -0700

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:03:14 -0700, wienerschnitzel wrote:
> hello,
> I'm trying to use textable:
>
> >> A=[1 2 3; 4 5 6]
> A =
>
>    1   2   3
>    4   5   6
>
> >> textable(A)
> error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
> error: called from
>     textable at line 111 column 5
>

> This is after I installed and loaded miscellaneous package, which depends on
> general package.
>
> Am I missing something else?

Only that the miscellaneous package has not seen a release since 2014.
It still uses the obsolete inputParser from the general package before
Octave 4.0 was released in 2015.

Please take the time to report a bug so that this will be fixed in a
future release of the miscellaneous package

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

--
mike