Transform Matrix from sets of points

From: Mirea Andrei Marian
Subject: Transform Matrix from sets of points
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 07:54:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Octave Community!

I haven't used Octave since I graduated College and even letting "downtime" aside I wouldn't know how to approach it.

I was hoping Octave had a function for outputting the transformation matrix, affine or otherwise (projective (conformal or otherwise)), by providing input of 2 or 3 sets of points. My guess is no but who knows?
If not, how would I go about it for mapping points from a projected curved space or at least a plane space, onto a plane (projection plane)?
Note that I don't know the nature of the curved surface or the orientation of the plane to be projected. All I have is a set of points on the projected and its corresponding set on the projection surface, respectively.

Any help is warmly appreciated.