Re: Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC

From: anoop joshi
Subject: Re: Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 01:28:38 +0530

Hi Colin,

For experiment 2 suggested by you, I followed the steps below:
  1. Uninstalled the existing Python 2.7 version in my PC.
  2. downloaded the file "symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.6.0.zip"
  3. started Octave, change folder to where your downloads are.
  4. typed pkg install "symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.6.0.zip"
  5. typed pkg load symbolic
  6. typed syms x

But then got the error "error: Cannot run the Python executable "C:\Python27\python.exe"
    Python and SymPy are needed for most Symbolic features.
    Is Python installed?  Is your "path" configured correctly?".

Is there some other step here?

After that I tried installing Python 3.63. CMD prompt shows the path is configured ok, but still syms x doesn't run

Thanks,

Anoop